Saturday, April 04, 2009

HUGGIN and A CHALKIN'

Actually Johnny Mercer wrote this and Hoagy Carmichael sang it.

I gotta gal that's mighty sweet, With blue eyes and
tiny feet. Her name is Rosabelle Magee, and she tips
the scale at three o three, Oh!
Gee- but ain't it grand to have a girl so big and fat
that when you hug'er
You don't know where you're at you
Have to take a piece of chalk in your hand and
hug a way and chalk a mark to see where you began,

One day when I was a huggin and a chalkin and a chalkin
and a huggin a way. When I met another fella with
some chalk in his hand, Com-in' around the other way 'round
the mountain. Comin' around the other way.

Nobody ever said I'm weak. My bones don't ache and my joints
creak. But I I grow absolutely limp, Ev-'ry time I kiss my
baby blimp, Oh!

One day I had a yen for some one leaner, she was meaner than a
mink in a pen. So I left her now I'm happy as a fella could be
Huggin and chalkin in once a gain 'round my Rosie
Huggin and chalkin in once again.

One day I was a huggin and a chalkin and a beggin' her to be my bride
When I met another fella with some chalk in his hand
Comin a round the other side of the mountain
Comin around the other side.

No comments: